Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ben Hur

Judah Ben Hur is the main character in this movie who goes through a rough life. There was a lot of powerful scenes  in the film as well. Judah is a rich Jewish prince at the beginning of the movie until a tile falls off of the roof of his house and hurts the governor. Messala sends Judah to be a slave and his mother and daughter to prison even though he knew they weren’t guilty. Judah swore that he would get revenge.
Ben Hur is a good movie during the time of Jesus was Ben Hur was once rich and had to become a slave since he accidently hurt the governor.  Jesus was seen in the movie giving Ben Hur water after they wouldn’t give it to him for days. The counselor said not to give him any water but Jesus showed up to save him. He was also sent on a ship to row a boat and was unchained by the counselor for an unknown reason. Its scenes like this that make you think about the movie.

I would rate Ben Hur a 7.5/10 since it had a good storyline and there was good action scenes for the time it was made in. Some parts look real but some looked fake. It’s also interesting to know that the stunt double that was racing in the chariot actually almost fell out but climbed back into the chariot. It was a predictable movie though because I could tell the Ben Hur was going to go against Messala from the beginning I just didn’t know how. Than when they started to race I knew Ben Hur was going to win since that’s pretty much what the movies about. Over all it was a good movie and I would watch it again.

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog Jaz. I agree with everything you say and you are educated about the Jesus era and what events took place during that time. The way you expressed your thoughts though, it seems like you rated it a little low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I thought a lot of the same things that you did. I knew that Ben Hur was going defeat Messala, but I didn't know when or how. I thought you did a good job expressing how you felt and I agree with matt, from the reading, i thought you would have gave the movie a better rating....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. I suggest you can make into a great review by adding quotes at the beginning and ending. Good points.
    Thanks...SWM

    ReplyDelete